1) Which one of those countries has joined the UN the latest?
- a) Bulgaria
- b) Cameroon
- c) Canada
- d) Brazil
2) In which year has the name “United Nations” been coined?
- a) 1940
- b) 1952
- c) 1945
- d) 1942
3) How many member states do the United Nations currently have?
- a) 203
- b) 184
- c) 166
- d) 193
4) How many official languages does the UN have?
- a) 3
- b) 6
- c) 9
- d) 5
5) In 70 years, the United Nations, its specialised agencies, related agencies, funds, programmes and staff were awarded the prestigious Nobel Peace Prize [??????] times.
- a) 12
- b) 11
- c) 10
- d) 9
6)What does Orlando Bloom have to do with the UN?
- a) he is the UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador
- b) The Secretary General loves his movies and organized a weekly movienight for the delegates
- c) he is the model for a campaign the UN is currently launching
- d) he is the UNHCR Goodwill Ambassador
Highlight for answers: 1a, 2d, 3d, 4b, 5b, 6a