Throughout recent negotiations, progress has been made by the OSCE, by signing a treaty to start measures of demilitarization of Azerbaijan and the withdrawal of troops. The Peacebuilding Commission of the United Nations encourages furthermore the Security Council to introduce following measures and resolutions to resolve the ongoing Nagorno-Karabakh crisis:
- Prohibition of arbitrary detention on the legal basis of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights
- Ensure lawful elections
- Resolve the conflict of sovereignty regarding territories occupations
- Enforce the demilitarization
- Build awareness for human rights violation (acknowledgement)
- Assure safety for civilians!
- Keep open the channel of communication between Armenia and Azerbaijan
Lastly, the main goal of these measures should be to reaffirm a sustainable peace and a successful reconciliation.